[HCDX] Funny how no one reports KFNY

** OKLAHOMA [and non]. In every MW DX bulletin I vainly check reports on the
X-band for anyone having heard my local station KFNY, 1640, Enid OK. So this is
just a reminder that it still exists, going strong (well, if you are in a main
lobe like I am), with All Comedy Radio. Virtually all the other North American
X-banders make it to Scandinavia and New Zealand on a regular basis. As I
pointed out before, the problem is that KFNY, unlike almost all the other US
X-banders, is direxional, in this case roughly NNW/SSE to favor Oklahoma City
and Enid, meaning little of the 1 kW nighttime signal goes toward Europe or the
South Pacific. It does go toward the Caribbean and Latin America, but WTNI in
Mississippi normally blocks it. So this is just a reminder to overseas (and
domestic!) DXers to dig hard on 1640 to try to pull out something comedic, and
be sure to report it. Owner Hiram Champlin has been issuing verification
letters to the few who have heard it.

Not to be confused in Europe with a Dutch pirate also on 1640 inexplicably
named ``Radio Oklahoma``! Reported at 2010 UT Jan 7 with schlagers, pop in
Dutch and German, by Robert Petraitis, Klaipeda, Lithuania, in Alternative
Airwaves, Feb BDXC-UK Communication (Glenn Hauser, Enid, Feb 1, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

http://mail.yahoo.com