[HCDX] Logs from the Queen Charlottes 6 July, 2005.

[HCDX] Logs from the Queen Charlottes 6 July, 2005.

648 AUSTRALIA 2NU Tamworth, NSW, Jul 6 12:30 - Fair reception with EZL
music.  Another poor morning.  The Aussie Beverage is a disappointment due
to noise, so all my loggings are using the almost N/S 350' mini-Beverage
which appears to work very well and is very quiet.  This is a tentative
logging as no ID was heard.  Another probable weak Aussie heard on 675.
(Salmaniw, Tow Hill, Queen Charlotte Is, BC)

660 ALASKA KFAR, Fairbanks, Jul 6 13:32 - Poor signal strength, in the
muck, but a couple of KFAR IDs clearly heard. (Salmaniw, Tow Hill, Queen
Charlotte Is, BC)

680 ALASKA KBRW, Barrow, Jul 6 13:34 - Very weak, but in the clear with
KBRW ID, and sports update. (Salmaniw, Tow Hill, Queen Charlotte Is, BC)

770 ALASKA KCHU, Valdez, Jul 6 14:34 - Presumed logging with NPR news.  I
found the Alaskans abundant after the fade out of Pacific stations, as well
as the lower 48 states for the most part.  Unfortunately, due to a family
emergency, my planned 3 week stay is being cut short.  Hopefully, I'll be
able to monitor once more tomorrow morning. (Salmaniw, Tow Hill, Queen
Charlotte Is, BC)

810 CANADA Unid, Jul 6 12:40 - I don't have my WRTH with me, so I'll need
assistance identifying this one.  Continuous Weather Canada forecast in
English and French for various regions, including the South Klondikes,
Central Yukon and Dawson.  This continued past 13:01.  Is this a Yukon
station?. (Salmaniw, Tow Hill, Queen Charlotte Is, BC)

890 ALASKA KBBI, Homer, Jul 6 13:42 - Fair to good reception. ID for KBBI,
Homer at 13:58.  NPR programming, into local weather. (Salmaniw, Tow Hill,
Queen Charlotte Is, BC)

1080 ALASKA KUDO, Anchorage, Jul 6 13:19 - Good signal with an Ancorage
jingle and ID for KUDO, and then into the weather. (Salmaniw, Tow Hill,
Queen Charlotte Is, BC)

1110 ALASKA KAGV, Big Lake, Jul 6 14:10 - A tentative logging at fair
level.  Christian programming, with 'Through the Bible Radio'.  No definite
ID, though. (Salmaniw, Tow Hill, Queen Charlotte Is, BC)

1140 ALASKA KSLD, Soldotna, Jul 6 13:50 - Nice ID as, 'The king of the
Kenai, 1140', and again at 14:02 as, 'You are on the King, KSLD, Kenai,
Soldotna, and Homer'.  Gone by 14:13, but back with good strength a few
minutes later. (Salmaniw, Tow Hill, Queen Charlotte Is, BC)

1229.97 ALASKA KIFW, Sitka., Jul 6 14:11 - Very good reception, but
frustratingly few IDs.  Bob and Laurie Morning Shjow.  AM signal sounded a
little distorted, so checked the frequency.  They're actually on
1229.97.  A weak cochannel right on frequency is also heard.  Finally at
14:31, short ID for KIFW. Don't usually hear an American station off
frequency. (Salmaniw, Tow Hill, Queen Charlotte Is, BC)