Re: [HCDX] Loggings from the Queen Charlotte Is.

At 01:27 AM 10/07/05, Patrick Martin wrote:
>Walt,
>
>Your TIS 1610 is the tunnel between Whitter and Portage in South Central
>Alaska on the Kenai Pen. I have been through that tunnel many times back
>in the 50s as a child. My mother used to always state "That was the only
>train she was ever on with square wheels. hi. During parts of the day,
>you can drive between the tracks from Portage to Whittier now. In my day
>it was only for the train. The tunnel was opened up for auto traffic
>inbetween the times the train runs.
>Great going.

Thanks, Patrick.  Checking the FCC list, it's:  WPTI714 STATE OF ALASKA
ANTON ANDERSON MEMORIAL TUNNEL. 10 watts in Portage, AK.  Though not the
continental USA, I'm still very pleased!  Check the map
at:  http://www.kenaipeninsula.org/Map.asp, and the FCC page at:
  http://svartifoss2.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/ws.exe/genmen/uls/uls_site_res.hts?db_id=19&link=WPTI714&application_id=
.........Walt Salmaniw, Victoria, BC