[HCDX] Logs from the past evening

530 TURKS AND CAICOS, Radio Vision Cristiana SEP 5 - several times last evening with Spanish preaching and SS gospel mx. Poor at beast with remains of nulled CIAO. (Chiochiu-QC)

610 unID with talk and music audible only with the internal ferrite antenna aimed N/S. Had excited Spanish announcer down in the muck earlier. I logged HJKL (Radiodifusora Nacional de Colombia) on several occasions in the 2000-2001 DX season here and one can hear their ID at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LatinMWDX/files/Audio%20Files%20-%20IDs%20of%20stations/610%20kHz/, but it may have been something else like Venezuela. (Chiochiu-QC)

640 CUBA, Radio Progreso SEP 5 0243 - w/ Cuban music. Messy signal with nulled CFYR and bits of WNNZ. Nothing else on this channel ! Very poor reception. (Chiochiu-QC)

670 CUBA, Radio Rebelde, CMQ, Arroyo Arrenas SEP 5 0247 - Fair with Borelo mx; // 600 wasn't discernable. (Chiochiu-QC)

1210 unID (YVZT ?) 0349 - with excited Spanish announcer. Way too much WPHT and signal too low to make out any words. It's not the first time I hear SS on 1210. (Chiochiu-QC)

1500 VENEZUELA, Dos Mil, YVRZ, Cumana, Sucre 0011 - Briefly in with llanera music while checking beetwen the Sangean and Sanyo to see wich one picked up WTOP better - this thing wasn't discernable with WTOP on the Sangean, WTOP was weaker with less dB on the Sangean barefoot then on the Sanyo barefoot. Tentative; previously logged once during auroral conditions. Not an easy catche here. (Chiochiu-QC)

4915 GHANA, Ghana BC Corp., Accra SEP 4 2301 - heard with talk in an unID language (presumably Twi) and with choral anthem. Presumed ! No sign of Brazil at this time. Taped ! (Chiochiu-QC)

5005 Equatorial Guinea, Radio Nacional de Guinea Ecuatorial, Bata SEP 4 2258 - with modern African music, then sign-off with anthem. Very good, but with computer-like noises QRM ! Didn't had the tape running (grr...) (Chiochiu-QC)

5025 CUBA, Radio Rebelde, Havana SEP 4 2320 - w/ pgm of cuban danzons. Mention of "Cadena Agramonte" during one of the breaks (a local station on 910 kHz). Then at 0000, relay of the Cuban TV with a special report about "Fidel Castro Ruz" sending doctors to Louisiana, instead of the Cuban music chart show. Building from good (at tune-in) to very strong (at tune-out). (Chiochiu-QC)

6010 COLOMBIA, La Voz de tu Conciencia, Bogota SEP 5 0415 - 0455 - w/ religious talk, promos - one of them with mention of "Escuchamos el señor", then llanera tune with "alma" and "de mi amor" in the lyrics to 0445, with poem with instrumental llanera, then canned ID "Hache-Jota ?? (730 am ?) ...banda internacional de 49 metros...La Voz de tu Conciencia" and then talk about Jesus Christ who came in a synagogue and ressurected a death person "... y el señor dice llevantete...". Poor signal, but quite clear when tuned to 6013 instead of 6010 to avoid RHC-6000 splatter. New for me ! Tentatively logged in January, but didn't keep up with this then, because of zyprexa. No sign of XEOY Radio Mil ! (Chiochiu-QC)

Equipment: Sanyo MCD-S830 portable with ferrite bar antenna
                  Sangean CST-818 w/ over 10 meters of lenght long-wire in our interior yard
QTH: Pierrefonds (Montreal's West Island), QC

The Latins were very poor last evening here in Montreal with only Radio Rebelde-670 up to a decent level on MW, but it was interesting to log Colombia on 6010. The llanera music was very nice and it is my first Colombian on SW, I think, being more actively on MW than on SW generally. Couldn't find my best cord for encoding in real-audio what I taped and the shops are closed today (grrr...), I will try with an old and broken one.

I have to leave soon for making up my hospital card at the Notre-Dame hospital for the chimiotherapy.

That's it for now !
Be the good DX stuff with you,
Bogdan Chicohiu

World Radio TV Handbook 2005 is out.