Re: [HCDX] R.UKRAINE B05

At 09:51 AM 10/24/2005, you wrote:

>Radio Ukraine International.
>B05  (30.10.05 - 26.03.06)
>
>Time UTC Freq Txer          Azi   Target
>
>0100-0600 5830 Kharkov 055   Russia
>0600-0900 7420 Kharkov  290  W.Europe
>0900-1400 9925 Kharkov  277  W.Europe
>1400-1800 5830 Kharkov  055  Russia
>1800-0100 5840 Kharkov  290  W.Europe
>0000-0500 5910 Nikolayev 314  NE America

I'm troubled that there continues to be a continuation of Russian spelling for the transmitter sites for Ukrainian radio.  Kharkov should be spelled Kharkiv, and Nikolayev, Mikolayiv.  I checked the NRCU website, and at least the Ukrainian site is completely in Ukrainian.  I couldn't find any transmitter sites on their English website, though.  It's 14 years since independence, and let's accept the proper spellings!  Remember, Beijing was once Peking and Peping!.........Walter Salmaniw, Victoria.
PS:  While I "vent" another thing that burns me is the continued use of "CIS" in dx circles.  This is a totally moribund organization and an attempt by Russian to resurrect the USSR.  Why bother using the term anymore.  These countries are all independent and separate DX countries.  Using the term CIS is confusing and nonsensical in my opinion.  Thanks for the bandwidth!

--

World Radio TV Handbook 2005 is out.
Order yours from http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0823077942/hardcoredxcom