Re: [HCDX] Receptions from this late afternoon on the car-radio

Re: [HCDX] Receptions from this late afternoon on the car-radio

Quito 27/Nov/2005 5:26

Hi Aurel!  First, I will answer your private mail
later. The LA station you are hearing on 1620 kHz
suspecting harmonic from Colombia on 810 kHz can
might well be the same station I have noted some
times on 1620 but "my" station is some hertz high
around 1620.05 kHz. I think the Bogotá station on
810 is right on channel but I´m not sure so I
will check it out. The signal I have been hearing
is very weak and I have no clue about the QTH. NA
stations I hear just a few on the X band.

Aurel:
 .......... but the most interesting catche was
on the extended dial on 1620 where I heard what
sounded like the second harmonic of the 250 kW
Colombian big gun on 1620 while
in the car in Pointe-Clerc. I wonder if others
heard this one as well. Really intriguing !

Bjorn Malm, Quito, Ecuador
http://www.malm-ecuador.com

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0823059367/hardcoredxcom/

> THE INFORMATION IN THIS ARTICLE IS FREE. It may
> be copied, distributed
> and/or modified under the conditions set down
> in the Design Science License
> published by Michael Stutz at
> http://dsl.org/copyleft/dsl.txt

Correo Yahoo!

World Radio TV Handbook 2006 is coming out.