[HCDX] Receptions from this late afternoon on the car-radio

[HCDX] Receptions from this late afternoon on the car-radio

Heard on the Mazda Protégé 2002 car-radio while shopping for shoes in Pointe-Clerc (which is in Montreal's West Island just like Pierrefonds):

a Venezuelan fake:

VENEZUELA (non) 1110 WPMZ Poder 1110 Providence, RI NOV 26 2056 - Briefly good with up-beat merengue followed by non-ID ending in "... Muy buena radio". Surfaced again on 1 or 2 occasions with merengue music, never played the so popular Venezuelan harp llanera style or the gaita one. Definitively not WCEC Salem which is Radio Unica. This can easily be mistaken for Venezuela, since YVQT in Carúpano estado Sucre is on the same channel and gets out well. (Chiochiu-QC)

Regular Domestic DX loggings:

1110 WJML, Petoskey, MI NOV 26 1558 - repeating "The Michigan Talk Radio network" several times, into a talk-show that sounded like the Michael Savage one. (Chiochiu-QC)

1320 CKEC New Glasgow, NS NOV 26 1559 - Heard a country tune followed by "Thirteen-Twenty CKEC New Glasgow" legal ID, into nx. Initially very strong, but soon faded down and got buried from both the other domestics, but also by the UL beacon on 248 kHz LW which overloaded a little bit the car radio. (Chiochiu-QC)

I heard CKEC for the first time this month I believe and I think this fairly great domestic DX catche being in northern Nova Scotia will likely indicate good TA conditions later this evening after I get the chance of finishing some work on mathematics. Definitively not my favorite school object, I prefer so much history or the languages class, but life is life like Opus singed in the 80's !

Be the good DX stuff with you,
Bogdan Chiochiu

World Radio TV Handbook 2006 is coming out.