[HCDX] SPR4 Audio Help

Greetings everyone,

Recently I got the mod done on my Drake SPR4 so the 2.3 crystal filter
will work on AM. The filter is very good. In some cases comparing the
R/C filter, also 2.3 khz on the R8, the SPR4 does better. It is amazing
hearing the difference.  But the problem I now have is the audio on the
SPR4 is so muddy that understanding is hard to do in many cases. In
comparing the 2.3 khz crystal filter in the old SP-600 I had, the audio
could be adjusted with the crystal phasing, which the SPR4 does not
have. The notch filter helps a bit. I do have an old Radio Shack graffic
eq that I could run the audio through. Any suggestions on cleaning up
the SPR4 audio?  Thanks.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
Seaside  OR
KAVT Reception Manager

World Radio TV Handbook 2006 is coming out.