[HCDX] great conditions on 60m toward Africa, question about LatinSWDX

[HCDX] great conditions on 60m toward Africa, question about LatinSWDX

Hello to all of you !

This afternoon, I listened on my Sangean CST-818 with the long-wire in our interior yard and had great signals from Burkina Faso-5030, Guinea Equatorial-5005 (the best I've noted them in awhile, but I don't DX the SW bands extremely often), Ghana-4915 before Anhanguera came in and Mauritania-4845.

Burkina Faso was especially strong, hitting to S6 quite often, while Africa Numéro Un 9580 on a much higher channel which is more reliable for great long-haul reception than frequencies below 6 MHz wasn't much than S5 and had some minor adjacent channel and slightly more fadings.

Initially they had music, but at 4:30 they switched to an economical talk program about Burkina Faso. They had also some promos, one of them for a program this Saturday, December 3 at 10 AM about the security in Burkina Faso, another one for a health show. At 1630 EST (2130 UTC), they had an economical program which is still running.

As for Guinea Equatorial, they improved later than Burkina Faso, but got very good for almost an hour before signing off which takes places always at 2300; have caught them on tape with much better reception and a much longer window of possibilities than in September.

Just wish I could get at least 1 exotic African on MW though, at least Guinea-1386.

Something that I wonder is why I heard 4 different Africans, all with nice reception with the exception of Ghana-4915 that was pretty weak, yet I only get nicely Radio Rebelde 5025 during our mid-evenings and 2 weak signal or 3 from elsewhere in Latin America on 60 meters from time to time (usually Brazil). Of course, most of the Venezuelans are gone, Dominican Republic is gone too and the remaining stations mostly in Peru and Bolivia are flea-powered. I have much more luck DXing the Latins on MW than on SW. If you do MW DXing too and hunt or would like to hunt for Mexicans, Venezuelans, etc. on the AM dial, please feel free to join LatinMWDX on yahoo groups; you can listen to stations IDs etc, chat with other DXers if they're online, get alerts when reception is good and maybe create some new friendships.

I have to leave or I'll miss Burkina sign-off !
Be the good DX stuff with you !
Bogdan Chiochiu in western Montreal

Bogdan A. Chiochiu in the Montreal area

World Radio TV Handbook 2006 is coming out.