[HCDX] MW and SW logs from last Sunday night and Monday afternoon

[HCDX] MW and SW logs from last Sunday night and Monday afternoon

Hello to all of you !

First of all, a good news: we have been able to kill the testicular cancer forever, according to the person that operated me, before the chemio. Yesturday for the first time in at least 2 months I believe, I was able to attend all the 4 periods at school. Today, there was a strike (don't know if it's the correct English word, in French it is called "grève") made by the teachers, so all the schools of the Marguerite Bourgeois comission (the West Island's French-speaking comission) were closed which is why I sent this so early.

A bad news is that I would liked to put DXing into a new perspective than just passive listening, this is QSLing. Unfortunately, an year and a half ago when due to my manic depression and Asperger syndrome I was away from home, my father put the QSL letters (I had 3 from sporadic E FM DXing) into the garbage. After big disputes at our home, especially on Monday evening, I decided to write again to FM stations I picked up as far back as 2001 with real-audio clips enclosed. This took several hours yesturday afternoon and evening for me to do that when I came back from school. This meant I only very briefly tuned to the Sanyo radio to DX (conditions seemed inexitent to Latin America, but I can't be sure since I listened for maybe 1 minute) and missed the mid afternoon African conditions on the 60 meters tropical band.

Monday in the afternoon and in the early evening, before the dispute as well as Sunday, I did quite some DX. This Monday, I was able to pick up Guinea Equatorial, while they were absent on Saturday evening when at that time last listened to SW.

Here are the best logs:

MW ("the AM band"):

760 COLOMBIA,    HJAJ, RCN Cadena Basíca, Barranquilla NOV 28 0252 UTC - A bolero about "Magdalena" followed by "Gran Colombia, porque todos podemos ser mejor" ID then another bolero leaded into "RCN, La radio de Colombia" jingle followed by talk about the implication of RCN among the Colombian families, commercial ads. SIO 322 when residual WJR was stronger and SIO 353 when the orientation of the ferrite bar antenna completely was able to completely deal with the WJR Detroit pest. (Chiochiu-QC)

890 CUBA,    CMDZ, Radio Progreso, Chambas NOV 28 0130 UTC - with "Nocturna" program having a Hit-Parade which curiously included both recent and old Spanish and English pops. Fairly good peaks on a fading signal. (Chiochiu-QC)

1320 CKEC, New Glasgow, NS NOV 28 2021 EST - Weather and two IDs after a set of variated Adult Contemporary music. Strong signal, but with lots of interference from CJMR and other much weaker signals. When this is in and it's strong, chances are east-west path like TA stuff have a chance of reaching my inland location and my relatively modest equipment and it did; extremely poor reception of Spain-585, but I'd like to report them with a much better one like in October. (Chiochiu-QC)

SW:

5005 GUINEA EQUATORIAL,   Bata NOV 28 2155 - noted in passing with Hi-Life music (very similar to soukous to my ears). SIO 222 with rapid fadings, some noises and a much weaker signal than Burkina Faso-5030 (Chiochiu-QC)

5025 CUBA,   Radio Rebelde NOV 28 2214 - Already good at this early time, SIO 444 (Chiochiu-QC)

5030 BURKINA FASO,   RCB, Ouagadougou NOV 28 2012 - FF announcer w/ soukous, African reagge and Haitian kompas (Guadelupean zouk and Haitian kompas are popular in Africa, probably because they have African roots like most of the Afro-Caribbean musical styles). Aside from the music presentations, he mentionated "RBC" or maybe "RBV" (anyway it was err, ? eh ? eh, r and two consons ending in é which should be familiar for anyone knowing some French). So, they are not IDing as "Radio Burkina" anymore. I don't remember what ID I heard from these guys in New Brunswick in the 2003 summer. Listened to this while doing a grammatical homework on French (the perfect combination, hi!). Decent reception, SIO 352-3 and improoving. If I could just get African signals on MW, at least Guinea-1385.9... (Chiochiu-QC)

Bogdan Alexandru Chiochiu
4190 Edward Higgins
H8Y 3M9
Pierrefonds (Montreal's West Island), Quebec, Canada

Be the good DX stuff with you !
Bogdan

World Radio TV Handbook 2006 is coming out.