[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[HCDX] 2nd QSL letter from KATF-92.9 Duburque, IA for my June 14, 2001 reception
- To: playdx2003@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [HCDX] 2nd QSL letter from KATF-92.9 Duburque, IA for my June 14, 2001 reception
- From: aurel chiochiu <acq@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 16:47:11 -0500
- Cc: wghauser@xxxxxxxxxxx, broadw@xxxxxxxxx, ve2shw@xxxxxxxxx, "Beu, Michael" <Michael.Beu@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, BACONTI@xxxxxxx, Saul Chernos <schernos@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, MarkWA1ION@xxxxxxx, "Paul R. Reitz" <prreitz@xxxxxxx>, Priscilla Plamondon <da_18gurlz@xxxxxxxxxxx>, niel@xxxxxxxx, suzanne lachapelle <bruphil@xxxxxxxxx>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-id: Hard-Core-DX Email List <hard-core-dx.hard-core-dx.com>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <http://arizona.hard-core-dx.com/mailman/listinfo/hard-core-dx>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://arizona.hard-core-dx.com/mailman/listinfo/hard-core-dx>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- Sender: hard-core-dx-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
My name is Jerry Breitbach, I ma the Chief Engineer for Kat-Fm radio station. I ma the person that probably contacted you last time to let you know that you did indeed pick up our station. I listened to the recording and it is us. Wow that is a long way for an Fm signal to go!!! Thermal ducting is an amazing thing. Do you want an offical letter send to you regarding your reception of us?? I would gladly send you something if you give an address to send it to. You can look at our site online at katfm.com. Thanks alot for contacting us, we get a big kick out of this kind of thing. Looks like we have listeners all over the world!!!!
Radio Dubuque Inc.
Kat-fm, Kgrr, Wvre, Kdth-Am
From: aurel chiochiu [mailto:acq@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, November 29, 2005 4:41 PM
Subject: I listened to Cat FM in Montreal
Good afternoon !
My name is Bogdan Chiochiu and I'm the son of Aurel Chiochiu. I'm 18 and a few years ago (I was nearly 14 then), I picked up Cat FM in Montreal. They had a lot of ads for Van's Liquor store, Van's Super Store or something similarly to that (I didn't listened to this recording for a long time). The signal was weak with the telescopic antenna of my Sanyo MCD-S830 receiver oriented to null semi-local WEZF Star 92.9 (I'm close to the US border). It's a type of propagation called sporadic-E that affects the FM band once in a while, especially in the summer, when signals are abnormally reflected off the ionized E layer of the ionosphere just like the AM signals are at night. It was during the summer of 2001 and I wrote to the Cat FM staff and received a reply from the engineer that was scotched on the walls of my bedroom (I collect what is known as QSLs which mean confirmation of the fact I received the station), but unfortunately my father which didn't understand my hobby at the time, put the "QSL" letter in the garbage.
I would like, as soon as you have some time, to take a listen to this real-audio recording; it's my proof. Otherwise, you can also find the report for that day at http://www.hard-core-dx.com/archive/2001/msg01600.html.
Initially this was an unidentified station, but Doug Smith in Nashville's area, a person with the same radio hobby as mine, helped me to identify them.
I looked a bit on your web-site and saw the program "Planet '80", different from the "Back-track USA" (which I'm familiar with). It sounds interesting, as in my childhood my parents had tape recordings of 80's music, mainly dance one like Miles and Davis, Wham, etc. (I also listen to 80's freestyle dance from time to time), so I'd like more information about this program.
All in all, this station sounds much better than what one usually hear in 92.9 with good reception which is WEZF Star 92.9.
Thank you very much for answering this e-mail and listening to this file. Keep up with the good work !
4190 Edward Higgins
Pierrefonds (Montreal's West Island, Quebec, Canada
World Radio TV Handbook 2006 is coming out.
Order yours from http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0823059367/hardcoredxcom/
Hard-Core-DX mailing list
THE INFORMATION IN THIS ARTICLE IS FREE. It may be copied, distributed
and/or modified under the conditions set down in the Design Science License
published by Michael Stutz at http://dsl.org/copyleft/dsl.txt