[HCDX] A few paltry loggings from Victoria

[HCDX] A few paltry loggings from Victoria

Not much this morning, but here's a small sampling:

?RUSSIA 5880, 15:00-, Free North Korea Radio Dec 11 Reportedly from
Irkutsk.  Open carrier at tune-in at 14:50.  No IS, just into Korean
programming at 15:00.  Signal was equal to Shiokaze on 5890, so  I think
that the transmitter strength is similar.  A poor morning, so very little
of the programming is discernible.  Apart from a brief musical interlude
just after the beginning of the programming, the rest is a male speaking
with an occasional female as well. (Salmaniw, Victoria, BC)

DIEGO GARCIA? 4319, 15:35-, AFRTS Dec 11 Not at all sure whether this is DG
or just an image.  I can here very weak programming on USB, but it doesn't
sound like the usual AFRTS style programming, and it's not // to 7590
Iceland (oops that's not AFRTS Iceland, but Voice of Mezopotamya from
Moldova on 7590).  Heck, I can't find any AFRTS stations on, not even Guam
or Hawaii. (Salmaniw, Victoria, BC)

RUSSIA 5890, 1430-, Shiokaze program Dec 11 I tuned to this frequency at
14:25 only to already hear programming that sounded identical to what I've
heard from Shiokaze in past weeks.  Frequency precisely 5890, and it
continued at 14:30 with the usual talk with the light piano music in the
background.  It did not sound like two different transmitters/stations
transitioning at 14:30, so perhaps Shiokaze has extended it's
programming?  Unfortunately reception is very poor this morning.  Hardly
worth the early wake-up!. (Salmaniw, Victoria, BC)

--

World Radio TV Handbook 2006 is coming out.