[HCDX] DXtips for survival

Yesterday I was wandering a small park with a
set of headphones and a Sony 7600G looking for
a source of noise (I found it, a power pole)..

What I did not see as I began my search was
a Britney Spears look-alike with a dog...

As I doubled back in my walk, all of a sudden,
I see this American Pit Bull terrier dashing
towards me. DXer instinct kicked in: I dropped
to a squat and focused on the receiver.
The Pit Bill slammed into me seconds later
tangling itself in my headphone line.

Turns out, the Pit Bull was young and well
trained and was just being playful.

The dogs owner pulled her Hollywood sized
sunglasses (it was overcast) off long enough
to ask if I was ok and then admonished the
Bull terrier in melodic Polish (I think I got an ID)
She apologized profusely to me asking if
my stuff was OK. It was. Off I went.

Colin Newell in Victoria B.C. Canada

World Radio TV Handbook 2006 is coming out.