[HCDX] AOR

Hello To ALL!
I am considering the AOR AR8600 MarkIIB receiver. I would appreciate hearing from anyone with experience with this brand and/or model. I don't wish to spark a ridiculously long thread but I would also appreciate views on what the experienced DXer considers to be a high performance and good value rig. The JRC NRD-545 is a nice looking rig but a bit of a budget buster at $1800. Once in my life I would like a "serious" dx-ing receiver. I am a long time ham and have just purchased a Yaesu FT-847 ham transceiver and am using it with a new SteppIR dipole. The FT-847 is so-so but suffers badly from intermod from a nearby FM broadcast transmitter and various paging transmitters. This is one of the downsides of living on a ridge and having commercial transmitters as neighbors.
I hope everyone is warm and happy and having a HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
Hello to Jouko! I lost many emails and addresses so please drop me a line.
Glad to be back.
73
Wayne  WA6FXL

World Radio TV Handbook 2006 is coming out.