[HCDX] Pan-American logs for the past evening (DEC 22 - DEC 23 UTC)

[HCDX] Pan-American logs for the past evening (DEC 22 - DEC 23 UTC)

Report from:
Bogdan Alexandru Chiochiu
4190 Edward Higgins
H8Y 3M9
(514) 685-0714
Equipment:
Sanyo MCD-S830 w/ ferrite bar antenna

Pan-American DX:

530 TURKS AND CAICOS,   Radio Visión Cristiana Internacional, South Caicos DEC 23 0205 - Noted in passing with Spanish Adult Contemporary gospel tune at an almost excellent level with no computer QRM, in CIAO null. (Chiochiu-QC)

555 ST KITTS,   ZIZ, Basseterre DEC 22 2257 - Woman in Caribbean English, very poor with very slight splash from WEVD-550 with the ferrite bar antenna oriented to the south-east, in order to null CHLN, also on 550. My second earliest reception of them. + DEC 23 0203 - Man with program announcements over calypso music. Fair with minor CHLN splash. The easiest 5 kHz split by a wide margin ! (Chiochiu-QC)

600 CUBA,   CMKV, Radio Rebelde, Urbano Norris DEC 23 0205 - Baseball game. Quite dominant with growl, // 670. (Chiochiu-QC)

670 CUBA,   CMBA, Radio Rebelde, Arroyo Arrenas DEC 23 0205 - Baseball game; good with some splash, // 600. (Chiochiu-QC)

750 VENEZUELA,   YVKS, Radio Caracas Radio, Caracas DEC 22 2317 - correspondent talking about Hugo Chavez, his mistakes, his friendship with Fidel Castro and the fact he is number one in Venezuelan preferences. Raul Rodriguez was the next most popular politic-man after Chavez. Often very good ! Also heard briefly on the car-radio at 2414 ! (Chiochiu-QC)

890 CUBA,   CMDZ, Radio Progreso, Chambas DEC 23 0207 - Good, despite my radio lack performences in this part of the dial; w/ slight distortion. (Chiochiu-QC)

I had my best South American reception, of YVKS-750, this week yet and the only one with readable audibility by far ! It was nice to be able to understand quite a bit the discussion about Venezuelan politics. I'm glad my Spanish is relatively good. My Spanish teacher say I am the most fluent Spanish speaker in the school with the exception of the Hispanic persons. Well...

The only disappointements were the lack of other South Americans and the lack of TAs, both Spain and Croatia.

I have to leave for the last day at school.

Good day at work and be the good DX stuff with you !
Bogdan

World Radio TV Handbook 2006 is out.