[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[HCDX] Brief comments about the very recent DX
- To: BACONTI@xxxxxxx, playdx2003@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, mwdx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [HCDX] Brief comments about the very recent DX
- From: aurel chiochiu <acq@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 10:11:28 -0500
- Cc: pepe8877@xxxxxxxxxxx, ve2shw@xxxxxxxxx, "Beu, Michael" <Michael.Beu@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, venezuelanqslhelp@xxxxxxxxx, Saul Chernos <schernos@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, MarkWA1ION@xxxxxxx, "Paul R. Reitz" <prreitz@xxxxxxx>, Priscilla Plamondon <da_18gurlz@xxxxxxxxxxx>, niel@xxxxxxxx, louis.bouchard@xxxxxxxxxx, suzanne lachapelle <bruphil@xxxxxxxxx>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-id: Hard-Core-DX Email List <hard-core-dx.hard-core-dx.com>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <http://arizona.hard-core-dx.com/mailman/listinfo/hard-core-dx>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://arizona.hard-core-dx.com/mailman/listinfo/hard-core-dx>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- Sender: hard-core-dx-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
A big hello to all of you ! Happy Holydays !
I spent most of the time watching a video and listening to dance music with my new friend, but still did some DX. Nothing really unusual, so a full report is essentially useless, but I explained her about tuning the AM band and founding some Spanish and I also told her most of the Latins were usually found below about 1200 kHz. She tuned and found RCR on 750 at fair to very weak levels ! I guess she now can be considered a real DXer ! Still, she isn't very talkative, not too beautifool, pretty timid; all in all not my kind of girl, but I like his interest in music from other parts of the world. I guess we can at least be friends.
I know we heard the following: RVC-530 (pretty unimpressive strenght), Cuba-670, Venezuela-750, Cuba-890 and Croatia-1134 (briefly good, but with residual WBBR-1130 QRM, playing a traditional-oriented Croatian tune around 2354 UTC). ZIZ-555 was nowhere to be found last night, as was Spain-585 (my only other TA regular). This morning I woke briefly at 4:30 (0930 UTC) and Radio Mil on shortwave 6010 was somewhat fair at best and since I was pretty tired decided to sleep until about 8 AM EST. When I woke, an useless signal from either Mexico or Colombia was still hanging in on 6010. I put a tape on the channel and the last segments of it showed Colombia's dominance.
We are going to New York tomorrow morning. It will be great !
Right now, I'm about to write a letter and copy a tape of KIOA-93.3, a station I received via Es in June 2001. I can't wait to have my QSL collection complet again !
Be the good DX stuff with you !
QTH: Pierrefonds (Montreal's West Island), QC
World Radio TV Handbook 2006 is out.
Order yours from http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0823059367/hardcoredxcom/
Hard-Core-DX mailing list
THE INFORMATION IN THIS ARTICLE IS FREE. It may be copied, distributed
and/or modified under the conditions set down in the Design Science License
published by Michael Stutz at http://dsl.org/copyleft/dsl.txt