[HCDX] hard- or soft core?

Hi members,
A lot has been written now.
Everybody starts and although I am listener and later ham since 1959 I read everything in this reflector and see sometimes interesting things and I must admit sometimes it is not interesting.When I started I had a philips radio with some station names and 49mb in 2 cm or so. My uncle made something like  a hand that went over a wooden board and there I wrote the freq and the stations heard, but after a while it was of course totally insecure again. I had no recorders to listen endlessy to try to figure out a name. I had no bfo and later got a swcond bc-box and by putting it on the same freq. it looked like ssb.
I can go on like this but the main thing is: What is hard-core dx? A lot used to be dx in those days, nowadays it is a lot easier and as everybody has to start why not give them a chance and more inportant now, can we please stop this discussion it is only wasting people's time.
73
Fred PA0FAW

World Radio TV Handbook 2006 is out.