Re: [HCDX] hard- or soft core My Two cents of grain

As someone who was a very active DXer during the 70's and 80's, and also
worked on WRTH for almost 20 years, I think I am qualified to comment here.
I too have been saddened by the apparent lack of tolerance for those who,
for whatever reason, are not "hard core" DXers. What you guys have to face
up to is that traditional DXing will die unless you attract new people into
the hobby. The way for people to become "hard core" DXers is to join groups
like this, and learn from the more experienced members. One sure way to
scare them off is to make sarcastic comments about their contributions. I
have seen this on numerous occasions down the years - in some cases it has
resulted in a DX Club splitting into two factions.

I belong to a number of radio-related mailing lists. A lot of the stuff I
see is of no interest or value to me personally, so I ignore the message and
move on. This is a moderated list, which means that everything that appears
on it has been approved by the person who does the hard work of running the
list. Comments that imply certain messages shouldn't have been posted are an
insult to the moderator as well as the person who posted it.

Please get back to sharing rather than criticising.

Andy