[HCDX] Helpful webpage for homebrew preselectors.

I have found the information on this page very useful in my building of a
mediumwave preselector:

http://www.geocities.com/amdxlog/index.html

The one thing that I found really helpful was learning that the Q of a LC
circuit is greatly affected by the impedance of the circuit. I took 20 minutes to
wind a few toroids to lower the impedance of my tuner and boy, it is ~much~
sharper now, really cutting down on the slop from nearby channels. This should
really help in logging those 9khz splits from Europe and elsewhere. Tonight,
St. Kitts on 555 khz was audible with talk on my Palstar R-30 using just a
crummy wire under flat conditions. I really feel it has really improved my R-30
into a much stronger DX machine.

If you like building your own gear, check it out.

John K9RZZ
Milwaukee, WI

Preorder your WRTH 2007:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0953586499/hardcoredxcom/