[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs October 22

** BRAZIL. Recently on the radioescutas list there was another complaint of RNA
being on the `same` frequency as R. Guaíba. Perto, but no charuto; Oct 22 at
2202 I measured RNA with its usual excellent signal on about 11783.2, and no
trace of Guaíba here, nominal 11785. A few weeks ago RNA was also varying in
the 11783 area (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CHILE. Here`s another harmonic to look for on the 19 MHz band besides Gabon
19160: CVC on 19270, 2 x 9635. Adan Mur says it was booming into Paraguay; 9635
is currently scheduled 13-22 UT and from B-06 is to expand to 12-24, in Spanish
on 30 degree beam (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CUBA [and non]. Oct 22 at 2148 found almost-open carrier on 9515 leading up
to R. Martí opening at hourtop on its new frequency. Almost open, because I
could already hear some weak RM modulation on 9515, // 9565 which was heavily
jammed, but no jamming yet on 9515. At 2149 a tone test briefly overrode the
weak audio on 9515.

I am hearing those rapid clicks as previously reported on 6081 and elsewhere,
in the vicinity of dentroCuban jamming against R. Martí, so I think they are
spurs from the jamming. Oct 22 at 2151 on 9630 approx., hard to pinpoint with
no carrier, which is 65 kHz above 9565; and also around 11981-11982 at 2204,
which is 51-52 kHz above 11930. There was nothing in particular on 9630 or
11980 which would be a target of deliberate jamming (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** EGYPT. R. Cairo and WYFR didn`t learn their lesson last winter; once again
they are destined to collide on 11885 during R. Cairo`s North American service
in English at 2300-2430, as per tentative B-06 schedule in DXLD 6-156. (Cairo
has been in the clear on 11950 during the A-season.) WYFR will be scheduled:
11885 2300-0145 140 13 100
That is, aimed at Brazil, but we know this puts plenty of signal off the back
toward us, effectively blocking Cairo in much of NAm. I assume Cairo still
isn`t participating in HFCC, allowing everyone else to assume it is not on the
frequencies it is on (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** GABON. ANO harmonic, 19160 = 2 X 9580, Oct 22 audible when first checked at
1351 with hilife music. Still audible, much later than before when next checked
at 2208 in French talk, deep fades between S7 and about 5 over S9; and still
there at 2224-2240 with hilife music. This is getting close to local midnite in
Gabon. Perhaps some T-E propagation primarily observed on VHF is in play for
part of this path (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST) See also CHILE

** INDONESIA. RRI, 9525 was back on, Sunday Oct 22 at 1348 with music and Indo
announcements. I was not listening closely after that, but I heard no Suara
Indonesia ID, NA at 1358 as is usual. Instead, mostly music continued and
modulation ended around 1400 but carrier stayed on well past 1400 causing a
rippling SAH against China in Russian. Therefore I suspect some other RRI
service was on the frequency this date (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** NETHERLANDS [non]. Oct 22 at 2158 I noticed an open carrier on 11730 but
kept tuning. When I came back shortly after 2200 I heard R. Nederland in
Spanish opening the program Ciencia y Salud. Wait a minute; altho 11730 is an
old RN frequency I remember from my earliest monitoring of Lopik, RN has no
Spanish broadcast scheduled at 2200 on this or any other frequency! And 11730
is not on the current RN schedule at
http://www.radionetherlands.nl/features/media/schedule060326.html
nor is it on the B-06 Spanish schedule we already have, in DXLD 6-155. However,
RN does plan to use this in B-06, from Bonaire, in Dutch during this same hour
to NWAf. I can only assume this was a test in advance of that. RN Spanish
programming feed is available 24 hours on satellite, and Ciencia y Salud
appears with many repeats on Sundays, perhaps currently at 2200 but not then in
the B-06 program schedule (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. DGS again heard on 9895, Oct 22 a 2152, must be KAIJ testing again,
only fair signal here in the skip-or-not zone. Also hearing DGS // on 10475, at
2153, usual weak signal from unknown source, probably not KAIJ (Glenn Hauser,
OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

http://mail.yahoo.com

Preorder your WRTH 2007:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0953586499/hardcoredxcom/