[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs November 3

** CHINA [and non]. Sound of Hope must be back on 10400, ex-10450, since
Firedrake was on 10400, Nov 3 at 1411 check when it was poor with heavy flutter
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CUBA. RHC continues to play a very outdated frequency announcement, heard at
1458 Nov 3 on 11760, I think referring to the afternoon broadcast, including
``11705`` where they have not been for years. Just once it would be nice if
people in the studio took the initiative to find out and confirm accurate
schedule information they announce, if it is not already given to them, which
it should be. This comment can apply to countless other SW stations as well
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CZECH REPUBLIC [non]. Still problems with the R. Prague relay via Sackville,
now on 15160 at 1500. Nov 3 at 1501 only open carrier. Needed to check France,
but when I came back at 1504, RP in English was underway (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** FRANCE [non]. Checking out my theory that RFI`s missing English broadcast at
1400, which in October occupied a scheduled Vietnamese transmission, I checked
those frequencies Nov 3 at the current time of 1500 and found: nothing. No
Vietnamese or English audible on 15265 or 7380. So far from the target area,
however, that is still inconclusive (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. While I still haven`t been able to nail down the strange mixing
product on 10475 producing Defunct Gene Scott, a similar case is clear: Nov 3
at 1413 on 11345 I was hearing local KCRC 1390 audio mixing with WEWN 9955.
That`s 1390 plus 9955. Heard on two different receivers. So it appears that
WEWN`s signal from Alabama is so strong here that it produces an external
mixing product with a local MW station (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** PHILIPPINES. Just as I tuned in 11870, Nov 3 at 1457, I heard a brief IS and
``This is`` before the transmitter cut off. Way to go, people. Per listings it
seems this would be R. Veritas Asia closing Urdu service. There was a het and
then TIRWR Costa Rica was uncovered with Defunct Gene Scott (Glenn Hauser, OK,
DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** TURKEY. V. of Turkey`s English broadcast, tho playing vocal music in
presumed Turkish, Nov 3 at 1416 had a stronger signal on 11735 than 12035,
altho 11735 suffered from WYFR on 11740 while 12035 had no interference. 11735
is aimed away from us and 12035 toward us, meaning that usually 12035 is
stronger here as observed the first few days of B-06. Normally I assume in
situations such as this that the signal on the frequency aimed away from us is
still propagating by short path off the back of the antenna. But on this
occasion I suspect it was actually long path, and the short path was degraded
by comparison. That is assuming both transmissions are going out on the proper
parameters (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U K [non]. BBCWS in English keeps showing up on brand new frequencies, such
as this: 11895 at 1456 Nov 3, // 9740. 11895 had some cochannel but a good
signal otherwise. This is Singapore at 25 degrees, and hence onward toward NAm,
at 12-15. The QRM could be Biblis (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. Nov 3 at 1340 UT KAIJ 9340 was overmodulated, splattering out to 9375
and 9305 at least; also putting a tone of the same pitch (het?) on about 9355
and 9325. Have not noticed this particular problem before (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

Preorder your WRTH 2007:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0953586499/hardcoredxcom/