[HCDX] WBCQ 15420 report updated

** SOUTH CAROLINA [non]. WBCQ on new 15420! April 2 at 1420, Brother Scare
intonations could be heard underneath DW Russian via Rampisham, with a SAH of
maybe 10 Hz. Just as I feared, 15420 is hardly a clear frequency for WBCQ,
unlike ex-17495. You might think DW at 62 degrees from Rampisham to Russia
would not be a problem back in CNAm, but you would be wrong. DW puts plenty of
signal over here off the back, like many UK transmissions. WBCQ was gaining a
little as time went on, but totally useless with all the QRM. Recheck at 1506,
when DW has supposedly switched to UAE site at 345 degrees for another Russian
hour, that one also aiming toward us, still a big collision.

DW is also scheduled on 15420 at 17-19 in Arabic, 325 degrees from Rwanda, and
19-21 in Arabic at 310 degrees. BBCWS is also listed for 15420 via Seychelles
at 13-17 to Africa, but may not be active, at least not heard here with the
other two stations going.

Collision remained until DW closed at 1559:30. Then BS self-QRMed, as Alex
Scourby was trying to convey a Bible verse mixed with entirely too loud
Overcomer theme music. But now no interference audible, in one-hour break 16-17
before DW resumes in Arabic at 1700.

Seems to me WBCQ should have got the vacated KTBN frequency 15590 instead, and
inactive WRNO could keep the traditional 15420, which they could then worry
about if they ever get on the air.

Checking on the ATS-909, there was more audio from WBCQ on USB than LSB, but
LSB not totally suppressed.

BTW, at 1428, BS mentioned a camp meeting scheduled for April 19! Don`t we all
know the awful things that have happened on this date in history? The last days
are nigh! (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

Order your WRTH 2008: