[HCDX] regarding OIRT-FM DX

There is some talk concerning some unusually big sunspot going on over the Sun during the upcoming years. With this concern in mind, I wonder if F2 could affect at least the lower half of the OIRT-FM band, let`s say around 66-67 MHz !  I know that the UK police was briefly heard in the USA around 71 MHz back in the early 70s when the F2 MUF briefly reached around 71-72 MHz for a few minutes. What about 66 or 67 MHz ? Has anyone with a scanner picked up Eastern European FM DX in, say, Australia or any other pretty much remote corner of the world ?

Please, feel free to e-mail at, for instance, acq@xxxxxxxxxxxx if you have any feels about the possible circumstances under which the F2 MUF could reach around 65-68 MHz.

I do have, for myself, a portable B&W North American TV with FINE TUNING all accross A2-A6 American channels, quite selective, more or less senstive (the fringe reception of Cornwall, 120 km from Montreal on A8 VHF 3 used to be quite good, although the last time I tryed it wasn`t as enjoyable) and I could pick up the sound of OIRT-FM over the empy A3 and A4 channels while tuning all around. Would it be possible to DX OIRT-FM using that rig or do I need something more proffessionnal ? I`m dying hopeless of trying to locate repports on Google of OIRT F2 receptions or of F2 occurances in the 60-65 MHz area, arund the botton of the OIRT-FM band, but can`t find any. If you have any thoughts about OIRT-FM DXing from North America, please feel free to e-mail me !

Sincerily yours,
Bogdan Chiochiu in Pierrefonds/Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Btw.: How many ASIATIC countries used OIRT-FM for broadcasting ?
Btw. II: Has anyone received A3 video via F2 ? A3 video is on 63.25 MHz, well below 70 MHz which is ALMOST too high for F2 broadcasting !

Order your WRTH 2008: