[HCDX] 3984.84 Croatia

CROATIA   3984.84 odd   [re Kai's comment]  Croatian Radio in 75 mb is not
very strong these days, compared to powerful 100 kW signal on both 6165 and
9830 kHz channels daytime. S=8 at 2215 UT Oct 10th.

Whether the fountain like 75 mb antenna is not very effective to cover
central Europe too, or they produce only a strong signal 'CLOSE TO' the tx
site on the balkans. I guess the old 10 kW unit of the early 90ties is in
use in 75 mb during nighttime 2130-0600 UT, in B-08 2130-0700 UT, because of
the inaccuracy of approx. 160 Hertz less.

On Oct 9th at 2230 UT the transmitter at Deanovec was switched ON and OFF
never-ending, and signal was so POOR, like missing final stage booster that
night.
(wb, Oct 10)

----- Original Message ----- From: "wilsdruff" Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2008
Subject: [dxld] Re: DX Listening Digest 8-110

CROATIA
They may register 3985 as 100 kW, but I seriously doubt that the power
is anything close to it, the signal strength rather points at just a
few kilowatts. Could be a 10 kW transmitter, using an antenna that can
not handle higher powers.
(Kai Ludwig-D, dxld Oct 9)

Order your WRTH 2008: