[HCDX] Logs for Al Muick 21-22 October

QTH:	Kabul, Afghanistan
RX:	WinRadio G303e
ANT:	100m longwire

Mediumwave, you say?

540  PAKISTAN, PBC Peshawar heard at 17.17 on 21 Oct. with news and
commentary by man and woman as well as modern and easy-listening music.  Not
sure of language since this is the tribal area service.  300kW, but only
fair signals.

650  UNID, Poss.TAJIKISTAN off freq, poss. VoA Relay, (nominally 648) with 2
YL and one OM in discussion heard at 18.10 on 21 Oct in unid lang.
Ridiculous echo on audio with second speech pattern trailing by less than a
second making for very difficult copy.  This was a technical problem and not
propagation.  Fair sigs with severe QSB and a deep fade.  2kHz off freq. is
Tajikistan!  Russia not sked'ed during this time period.....

1422  CHINA, CNR8 Voice of the Minorities, heard 22 Oct. 00.28 in Mandarin
with commercials and PSA's into time pips and ID at the top of the hour.
Makes it through the mountains with a good signal at 600kW

1539  UAE, VoA relay in Urdu with pop music at 01.18 on 22 Oct.  Still
strong at daybreak!

As soon as I find/build a suitable power supply for my Palstar MW550, you'll
see mo' better mediumwave logs from me.  Just for the record, Palstar sent
one that was 110 volts, and they did not know where I was since it went to a
forwarding place in Florida.

73 de Al

"I cannot teach you violence, as I do not myself believe in it.  I
can only teach you not to bow your heads before any one even at the
cost of your life."
 - Mahatma Gandhi

Order your WRTH 2008: