[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs November 16-18, 2008

[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs November 16-18, 2008

** ALBANIA. R. Tirana, 7390, open carrier already at 0241 Nov 18, 0244 IS, 0245 opening English quarter-hour. S9+18 on the meter, but barely modulated and really unreadable vs remaining noise level. Clear frequency, anyway, no ACI or CCI, tho maybe a bit of bleedover from Cuban jammers on 7365 and/or 7405. The 0130-0145 R. Tirana English is supposed to change to 7425, along with the Albanian sesquihour before it, but nothing heard there yet and presumably had not yet moved down from 9345, where I could detect a weak carrier at 0000, but that may have been P`yongyang (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** BULGARIA. R. Bulgaria, 15700, which had resumed on Nov 15, was missing again on Nov 17 at 1451 check (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** EGYPT. R. Cairo, fair signal on 7535, Nov 18 at 0049, but very undermodulated talk, barely recognizable as Spanish, scheduled 0045-0200, and no doubt just as bad in English for the following sesquihour (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** INDONESIA. VOI, 9526, Nov 16 at 1402, modulation cutting out, fragment of ``Voice of Dignity`` slogan; VG signal tho with hum. English must be running late again.

RRI regionals active on both 4750 and 4790, Nov 17 at 1416 with similar soft music, but not // and at 1417 came an announcement on 4790 Fak2 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. RASA Mérida is operating 24h on 6105v according to Bob Wilkner in FL, but I haven`t had much luck hearing it here. Until Nov 17 at the unlikely hour of 0721 when I was getting vocal music in Spanish, some distortion, peaking S9+5 between fades completely down, presumably this. A few minutes later I was hearing instead the TWR IS, and English. Looked up later, I see that is via Nauen from 0745 at 285 degrees until 0920, and furthermore WYFR is on 6105 from 0800 to 1045, so don`t expect XE in the clear again until after that (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** SPAIN. Caught the closing announcement of REE`s weekly Emisión Sefarad again one week later, Monday Nov 17 at 1453 on 15385, and yes, the YL claims 15385 is on 16 meters, and still gives wrong A-08 frequencies for the other two broadcasts. This one cut off abruptly before theme music finished. Language almost sounded like real Castilian, but e.g. ``zero`` pronounced like a Z in English (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** SWEDEN [non]. Rarely try to pick up R. Sweden`s remaining Sackville relay, 6010, since it`s in my busy evenings, but Nov 18 at 0249 I heard George Wood with SAH and a lot of interference from LA, no doubt R. Mil and/or LV de tu Conciencia. If they are going to do this, R. Sweden should at least find a clear frequency. Believe me, LA`s do count if as nothing more than annoying QRM from the standpoint of a trans-Atlantic broadcaster. And R. Mil has tried for years to get Sweden off 6010, the only frequency Mil can use, to no avail (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A [and non]. 13650, Nov 16 at 1503 with IRN-USA Radio News (so have the two faux-news networks with thinly-disguised gospel huxter agenda now merged?), 1505 into sermon called Lifetime. This is the Sunday-only broadcast hour of WHRA, which collides with 1Africa, CVC Zambia, to W Africa and U Michigan, which I assume would have been audible without this big signal in the way (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** VENEZUELA [non]. No sign of RNV CI, Nov 16 at 1501 on 11680, nor a few minutes later. I believe that this broadcast on Sundays is normally pre-empted by Alo, Presidente, transmitter needed on 11670; except that show is currently on hiatus, back Nov 23 or 30? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST) ###

Order your WRTH 2008: