[HCDX] QSLs

Hi,

after a few weeks of DXing in my new home in Boulder, Colorado, the first QSLs are coming in.

CKRM Regina, SK, Canada, 620 kHz, email confirming the report saying "To hear it on the AM band is quite an achievement. That is a fair distance." v/s Willy Cole, Program Manager. In 1 day. SK QSL #1.

KLMR, Lamar, CO, USA, 920 kHz, email, a bit vague but what do you get today.. v/s Erik Stone, News/Sports Director. Says "Good to know we can be heard albeit if faintly a long way away!!" Doesn't he know how long ways can get on AM? Yet, I'm happy. In 1 day. CO QSL #2 (after WWV heard back home in Germany).

KOGA, Ogallala, NE, USA, 930 kHz. Email verification including day/night powers. v/s Jake Wyatt, Chief Engineer, in 1 day. NE QSL #1.

KVNS, TX, USA, 1700 kHz. Email verification about (then tentative) oldies I heard on 1700. v/s Jay Cantu, Program Director. In 4 days. TX QSL #1.

WDAY, Fargo, ND, USA, 970 kHz. Email verification in 1 day. v/s Kevin Weaver, General Mgr. ND QSL #1.

KGHL, Billings, MT, USA, 790 kHz. n/d QSL letter (yes, snail mail this time) in 4 days. v/s Nick Tyler, Program Director. Sent SASE. MT QSL #1.

Radio Sweden, via Sackville, 11640 kHz, Stockholm harbour view QSL card with details except tx site, and px schedule, in 25 days. RR sent via website. Sackville QSL #7.

Addresses generally as found on station websites.

73
Eike

--

Order your WRTH 2008: