[HCDX] Dxing in Clewiston

Russia, 5940, Radio Rossii, 0425-0442,  Noted a good signal here when
the frequency was clear of any other stations, at least listening here in
Clewiston.  Noted a couple of males in Russian language comments
during the period.  Signal was fair to good.  (Chuck Bolland, December 4,
2008)

Bolivia, 6134.79, Radio Santa Cruz, 0958-1020,  Initially noted a program
of Bolivian music which continued through the hour mark.  At about 1005,
a series of promos and ID's heard, all of them canned; then at about 1010,
back to music.  Signal was good.  (Chuck Bolland, December 4, 2008)

Peru, 4826.46, Radio Sichuan, 1021-1040,  Mainly heard Spanish comments
from both a male and female during the period.  Some music heard, but only
as a "bridge" so to speak. Signal was fair to threshold during the period. By
1040, it was evident that the signal was fading out for the morning. (Chuck
Bolland, December 4, 2008)

Indonesia, 4976.02, RRI Pontianak, (Pres)1058-1105 At tune in noticed music in
progress. Gotta make this a "presume" since no break on the hour or comments
during the period.  Signal was poor.  (Chuck Bolland, December 4, 2008)

Peru, 4835.45. Radio Maranon, 1115-1120, Surprised that this is still readable
because of the late time, but noted a female in Spanish language followed by
a male. This signal is cycling in and out as it fades into the noise trying to hold
on for just a few more moments.  Unfortunately that doesn't happen as
it fades down to nothing.  (Chuck Bolland, December 4, 2008)

Unident, 4865.03, 1120-1130 Noted a female talking joined by a male at 1123.
Signal was barely audible over the noise.  The nuance of the speech sounds
like Spanish, but can't be sure? Could this be that elusive shadowy Radio
Station called Logos that hasn't been heard here in Florida yet? Signal is audibly gone by 1130, but I can still see it on the scope. (Chuck Bolland, December 4, 2008)

Clewiston, Florida USA
WinRadio G305/pd

Disclaimer:  My "Spell Checker"  has a tendency to change words
without asking.  For example, it changed RRI in the above email,
to RARE; so I may miss some of it's corrections at times which
are incorrect.  For this I apologize if and when it happens.

Chuck

Order your WRTH 2008: