[HCDX] CINF-690

For several months in a row, our local CINF "Infos Six Quatre-Vint-Dix" on 690 kHz was overmodulated and put some annoying splatter against 670 and 710 as well as some very slight splatter on 660 during the daytime when this channel wasn't covered by megapest WFAN New York City.

The hought something was changing was driving to a local French Caribbean party in downtown Montreal, the sound on 690 was distorted, then two days later, right now, WOR is local-like with almost no-splatter, while a few weeks ago it was listenablem vbut annoyingly listenable.

Unfortunatly, with the WFAN IBOC's hash on 670, this does not do much good. It could be better if WFAN-660 and CUBA-670 would have lowered down their power too.... I miss Radio Rumbos on 670. I had a few tapes which have been stoled since, but Radio Rumbos was my first YV MW catche. Now, the only most-music YV on MW anymore is Coro, Falcón, YVNM on 780...

May the good DX be with you !
Bogdan Chiochiu

Order your WRTH 2008: