[HCDX] Logs for Al Muick 20/21 December

QTH:	Kabul, Afghanistan
RX:	WinRadio G303e
ANT:	200m Longwire/Randomwire
ACC:	Palstar MW-550P Mediumwave Preselector

5050	CHINA, VO Strait, heard at 2311 on 20 Dec with Mandarin chat between
male and female announcer, one solid ID (confirmed w/live stream from their
website) and occasional intro/outro mx.  Weak signal but no QRM and mixing
w/Guangxi FBS co-channel.  Guangxi much weaker, but needed....

so.... returned at 0001 and:

5050	CHINA, Guangxi FBS, heard clearly at 0001 on 21 Dec w/VT news by YL
annxr and occasional chanting-like music.  In the clear once VO Strait signs
off at 2400 with weak sigs and somewhat annoying QRM from PBS Xinjiang on
5060.  This was not noticeable with VO Strait.  They also have live
streaming but it doesn't work and neither does their feedback form.  No
email addies on the website, so I will wing it and try "info" and
"webmaster," unless one of you kind souls can help me out with the correct
email for this station.

Well, it's coming up on Xmas (and a day off for DXing!).  Can't believe how
this year flew by.  I haven't had too much time for anything because of QRM
issues with our WiMax which I have been intrepidly tracking down with a
spectrum analyzer.  So how 'bout them shoes in Baghdad, eh?  Haven't laughed
that hard in years!  I especially like what the folks on YouTube did with
it, with the Three Stooges throwing pies....(anything with the Three Stooges
is instant win IMHO).

Hope everyone is well, and maybe I'll get some good DX in this evening after
work.

73s de Al

"Our society's values are being corrupted by advertising's insistence
on the equation: Youth equals popularity, popularity equals success,
success equals happiness."
- John Arbuthnot Fisher

Order your WRTH 2008: