Re: [HCDX] What CCIR stands for ?

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 5:08 AM, aurel chiochiu <acq@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have a question: what CCIR stands for ? Channel for Communications of International Radio ? I know OIRT stands for Organization Internationale de la Radio et Télévision...

The CCIR—Comité consultatif international pour la radio, "Consultative
Committee on International Radio" or "International Radio Consultative
Committee"—was founded in 1927.
In 1932 the CCIR and several other organizations (including the
original ITU, which had been founded as the International Telegraph
Union in 1865) merged to form what would in 1934 become known as the
International Telecommunication Union. In 1992, the CCIR became the
ITU-R.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comité_consultatif_international_pour_la_radio

;)

Order your WRTH 2008: