[HCDX] CRI 1521kHz antenna switch (recording)

[HCDX] CRI 1521kHz antenna switch (recording)

I managed to make an interesting recording of the CRI (CHN) antenna switch on 1521kHz just before 1200UTC:

A difference is huge. You can hear a complete opening ceremonial at 1200UTC
in Russian (nice signal). Two minutes of silence (1157-1159) were cut out...

This recording was already subjected to a favourable response within MW (AM) mailists so I am sure that some members of HCDX will find it interesting too.

Recorded in the western part of the Czech Republic in the middle of Europe,
some 700km inland.
RX: AOR AR7030, ANT: longwire, 80 metres, dir 70dgr.

The clicks (interval cca 1.7sec) you can hear come from an electric fence
located some 2km from my site in the same direction.

Karel Honzik, CZE, central Europe

Order your WRTH 2008:
Hard-Core-DX mailing list

published by Michael Stutz at