"Argentine Annie" - Falklands War propaganda station, April 1982 (I've long since lost my paper logbook from 1982. Does anyone remember this station's frequency?)

Radiodiffusion Nationale du Mali-7110, Jan. 1978

WFAT-1620.  Pirate station from New York area, Jan. 1, 1978

KNBI-1530 Norton, KS.  DX test, March 20, 1978

WKMC-1370 Roaring Spring, PA.  Sign-off with SSB, April 3, 1978

KOAM-860 Pittsburg, KS. June 28, 1977

All heard on relatively unsophisticated equipment - Panasonic RF-2200 (which I still have), using only the built-in whip, "GYRO" (externally rotating ferrite stick), or simple longwire.

This project is still a work in progress. More vintage DX from the Carter and Reagan eras will be uploaded on box.net when I get the chance to listen and determine which cassettes are salvageable.

Clips are in Ogg Vorbis (.ogg) format. Playable with Winamp, and should be compatable with other mp3 players.

73

Mike Brooker
Toronto, ON

Order your WRTH 2008: