[HCDX] a pirate on 106.7 FM yesturday

Warm greetings to all of you !

Still DXing on a regular basis, even though I didn't bother to send any report, since 95% of what I've heard was regular stuff and when something more exotic popped up on the PK loops such as Russia-171, the reception was very poor... However, if I can get co-channel Russia, the loops are working well, just Morocco's Nador 171 kHz LW transmitter is modulating poorly or is using less power... I seem to remember back in the mid 90s (according to the 95 Newfie report) they were harder to get in NF than in MA. In NF an unID station, apparently Russia, was dominating 171 kHz...

Well, back on topic, yesturday while driving away with a friend from the movie theater, heard a pedagogical pirate on 106.7 MHz with Xmas carols and interviews with elementary level students about what Xmas means for them... Very strong around Le Marché Central area of MTL, however as we drove back toward Pierrefonds, it slowly started to weakens and lead the way to Vergennes, VT (former WIZN) which apparently changed its format from Classic Rock (The Wizard) to C&W !

Is it a REAL pirate or a LPFM (Low Powered FMer) ? Who knows ?

I initially thought this was Arpents des Neige one, but this one is better up here in Pierrefonds than in the Marché Central area, but it certainly sounds the same... Makes me want to start a pirate as well, relaying Aventure FM airchecks from 1988 (the French Army - SIRPA broadcaster which turned to MaXXimum 2 years later after its official launch in 1987), but I know aside from the University a job in the radio field as a jock isn't that far off of my life.

May the good DX be with you !
Bogdan Chiochiu
Btw.: I will comeback later with more details on how the DX condx have been over the past few weeks... See you later aligator and Merry Christmas !

Order your WRTH 2009: