[HCDX] DX Loggings -- 23 Dec -- Ralph Perry

[HCDX] DX Loggings -- 23 Dec -- Ralph Perry

PERU – 4939.98, Radio San Antonio, Villa Atalaya, Ucayali, all but
certainly the LA station heard here, this precise fqy, the past three
nights from around local sunset.   Noted 12/20,21,22 in the 2314-2400+
time frame with a pgm of varied EZL music, including good assortment
of U.S. Xmas carols (White Christmas, Little Drummer Boy, etc.).  Also
 LA romantic ballads  and some tropical rhythms.  Usually brief anmt
by OM after each song.  Nice Peruvian folkloric riff hrd at 0000 on
first night, part of an apparent ID, which I couldn’t copy.  Never a
great signal, by any means.   Nightly is weak at 2315a tune-in but
then fades up, to peak level plateau at only fair QSA.  Noise doesn’t
help.  Reception best for me in ECSS-LSB, narrow bandpass and notch to
massage the signal a bit.  NOTE:  Tnx to initial tip in Chasqui DX
from LA DX Ace “Paco” PFA !   Also, DX pal Thomas Nilsson in Sweden
has just emailed me a clear San Antonio ID mp3 recorded by him at 2307
on 12/22.  (Perry, Illinois)

INDIA – 5010, AIR Thiruvananthapuram, nice signal 1245 12/23 with
subcontinental mx f/by OM and YL in discussion in lang.  (Perry,
Illinois)

Ralph Perry, Wheaton, Illinois
Drake R8B;  Japan Radio NRD-545;  Eton E1;  Hallicrafters SX100
Dentron Super Tuner + Ameco PLF-2 + Palomar P-408 +Quantum Phaser
antenna unit (customized for tropical bands)
335-foot bidirectional BOG  150 deg/330 deg) for LA/SE Asia
DXEngineering RPA-1 preamp
Phased Longwire + Small Loop

_