[IRCA] Madison-Milwaukee DX Get-together, August 20

[IRCA] Madison-Milwaukee DX Get-together, August 20

The 12th Annual Madison-Milwaukee Get-together for DXers and Radio Enthusiasts returns to Madison this year, after a highly successful gathering in Milwaukee last year. The event will be held on Saturday, August 20, in Burrows Park, 25 Burrows Road, Madison WI 53704, along beautiful Lake Mendota. This year's hosts are Bill and Nina Dvorak. Activities will begin at 1 PM, with a dinner at 6 and a night session at Bill and Nina's afterward. Join us for the whole day or part. Come when you can and leave when you must.

What can you expect at this event? Good fellowship and lots of DX talk in an informal atmosphere. We provide the shelter, snacks and soda. All you need bring is your love of and enthusiasm for the DX hobby. We promise that you will have fun, exchange some great ideas, make new friendships and/or renew old ones. We take a group photo late in the afternoon, so bring a camera.

For planning purposes, please let us know that you are coming. For more information, contact Bill Dvorak by any of these three methods: by e-mail << dxerak.aol.com >> (please put "DX Get-together" in the subject line); by mail 501 Algoma Street, Madison WI 53704-4812; or by phone 608-244-5497.  For those needing them, maps and accommodations info are available on request.

A few words about the GTG: This event has been held on the third Saturday in August every year since 1994, with Tim Noonan and Bill Dvorak alternating as hosts. The first ten events were held in Madison. Beginning last year, we started rotating the event between Madison and Milwaukee. In each of the last two years, 29 DXers attended the event, and we expect similar numbers this year. This is an all-band event, and draws a diverse group of hobbyists.  We hope that you can come, and look forward to seeing you!
73     Bill and Nina Dvorak