Re: [IRCA] New explanations for Wobbler?

Re: [IRCA] New explanations for Wobbler?

>   670 Rebelde last week wobbled typically briefly w/decreasing pitch &
wobble rate. Fatuous erroneous speculation - gut instinct: >generator
trip, momentary instability. System stabilizes, wobble rate & deviation
decrease to zero. Corroborative? Si? No?

>                                                              -Z.-

I'd think a generator trip would provide a smoothly
changing variation in the frequency and due to
mechanical inertia in the turbine this would be
a slow rate change. It would produce an effect
similar to the multipath you hear on a FM signal
when a plane flys overhead and bounces the signal
back to you.  Such as a "whee-whee-whee" that
slows to a "whoosh" then disappears for a second
before returning and speeding up again. But the
rate change, through time, is nearly linear and is
smooth. And it has only a single time-varying
component (0 to 20+ Hz) That's the important
differentiator.

The wobbler has several multiple frequency
components embedded in it, at least three,
and they take turns at being heard. And they
are constantly changing back and forth. I don't think
any mechanical device could create this artifact.

- Bob