[IRCA] IRCA/NRC/DecalcoMania convention, day 1

--- Begin Message ---
Day 1 of the combined convention went very smoothly.
Almost all of the attendees gathered at 10;30 for the KKOH tour... followed by a lunch nearby and the 2nd tour at KPLY/KHIT/+. Both tours went very well and most had returned to the hotel by 3:30.
Around 5:30 or so 12 of us went to the hotel restaurant for dinner (nearly banquet #1)!!!
After that, we returned to our meeting room for enthusiastic topical discussions about DXing during the eclipse on Monday, followed by an equally interesting discussion on SDR receivers (mostly focusing on what can be recorded and how good are they compared to conventional receivers)
After that, small groups formed to discuss receivers, etc.
Phil Bytheway

--- End Message ---