[IRCA] Eclipse experiment

Gang,

I drove to Grand Island NE two days early and met 3 old shipmates from the submarine I lived on way back when.ÂÂ We got about 2 minutes and 40 seconds of totality.ÂÂ Using my Sony SW-35, I intentionally listened on 850 for KOA every few minutes starting about 2 hours before totality. NADA just band noise.ÂÂ Approx 4 minutes before totality and lasting a little while after KOA was good copy.

BTW totality was spectacular. A good time was had by all. Took HWY 30, the old Lincoln Hwy all the way back from Grand Island to my home near Moorland Iowa. Very little traffic. I hear the major roads were / are a nightmare.

Steve NG0G

--
Stephen Hawkins NG0G
ng0g@xxxxxxxx