[IRCA] Fwd: Topband: At least four more years of solar minimum?

from the topband list:

NOAA updated its predictions for smoothed sunspot numbers and solar flux through the end of 2022. As of last month, their predictions ended in 2019. Their prediction shows a smoothed sunspot number of 10 for December 2018, declining to 2 in July 2020 through January 2021, then 1 during February 2021 through January 2022, and 0 after that and through at least the end of 2022.
www.swpc.noaa.gov/products/solar-cycle-progression
I hate predictions, especially about the future...
73
Frank
W3LPL

That is some prediction, including having the solar flux below 60, which I didn't think possible.

They are not sticking their necks out about average Ap, which is still as high as it was 2011-2014, and has already delivered some fairly marvellous high latitude conditions

best wishes,

Nick

Nick Hall-Patch
Victoria, BC