Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] GE SRII on eBay

I bought my SRIII at a King Soopers (Kroger's) grocery store 10 or 12
years ago. I believe it was $39.95. They must have bought a semi load of
them because every King Soopers store in Colorado had at least 1/2 dozen
on the shelves. I just got the latest C. Crane catalog and they still
have them listed for $59.95.

I've never seen a digital readout version of the SR. That seems like it
would have been a good idea unless the circuit was noisy. Tuning was
always a problem. The SRIII dial was notoriously inaccurate. I picked up
a Radio Realty transmitter cheap on e-Bay. I used it to help tune my
SRIII. Set the transmitter to the desired frequency, tune up the SRIII,
turn the transmitter off. It worked great!

Patrick Griffith
Westminster, CO
http://community.webtv.net/N0NNK/
http://community.webtv.net/AM-DXer/