Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] GE SRII on eBay

On 5/15/06 9:43 AM, "Powell E. Way III W4OPW" <w4opw@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm going to get in trouble for this.

I might as well get in trouble with you. There never ever ever was a radio
called a Superadio I. This radio was simply called a Superadio because when
it was built, there was no  knowledge that there would ever be another
Superadio made after this one. If you look at the radio and see the badge on
the front, it simply says GE Superadio.

> I have an  original SR, and a SR II and sold the III.
> I have never seen a SR 1 designated as such. Can you
> provide me with a picture?

If someone has a badge that says Superadio I I want to buy it as that is a
variant I do not have. What I *REALLY* want is a digital readout Superadio.
Those are not easy to come by.

> It also runs on only 4 D
> cells. I have seen only one other, and it was on Ebay.
> The seller told me it was early 80's. It's a good
> listening radio, but for REAL DX, the answer is no.

Some of the guys at work have one in the railroad machinery repair and
overhaul area. It plays very loud and it has a good tone.

Kevin