Re: [IRCA] KLIB-1110 Roseville update

Patrick Martin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just called KLIB 1110/1690 Roseville and was told by the secretary
> that the 1110 license was returned to the FCC to be cancelled. There are
> no plans to return 1110 to the air by them. Most of the programming went
> to 1690. The rest of it was dropped for the time being.

There's a little bit (but not much) more to the story than that.

KLIB's licensee, Multicultural Broadcasting, is one of several parties
to a petition that's pending before the FCC to restore the licenses of
several stations that were returned as part of the X-band 5-year deadline.

The petition basically claims (not without merit) that the FCC's X-band
plan has been a failure, and that the public interest would be better
served by allowing the "second" stations to remain on the air, in most
cases being sold to another licensee (ideally a small business).

I don't remember all the parties involved, but the ones that come to
mind are WHWH 1350-NJ, KLIB 1110-CA, KYDZ 1180-NE, WJCC 1700-FL, and I
know there were others as well.

The FCC hasn't yet ruled on the petition.