Re: [IRCA] KLIB-1110 Roseville update

--- Scott Fybush <scott@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The petition basically claims (not without merit) that the FCC's
> X-band
> plan has been a failure, and that the public interest would be better
>
> served by allowing the "second" stations to remain on the air, in
> most
> cases being sold to another licensee (ideally a small business).

*** I'm not at all sure where the merit to that argument lies, other
than that the FCC's original stated plan was a failure before it was
rolled out. The FCC has never been able to define "unserved" and
"underserved" areas with any degree of adequacy.

But all of that said, I don't see where those stations who took
advantage of that are entitled to any further benefits. They've been
given, and in many cases have taken, a choice as to which facility to
retain and which to sell or take dark. If they've chosen correctly,
they've retained the station which served them best. If not, I'd submit
that's their problem. And as to whatever they spent in the process,
radio has an element of 'gamblers' risk' in it and I think that
applies.

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA  ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]