Re: [IRCA] Listeners outside of the core market was Re: KPOJ 620 Portland is now IBOC

Re: [IRCA] Listeners outside of the core market was Re: KPOJ 620 Portland is now IBOC

Bill,

The same is especially true with KGO SF. They have streaming audio
worldwide on the internet and they take calls and e mails from
everywhere. I know several of the Portland stations have a lot of
listeners on the coast. With IBOC, the signal will not go 75 air miles
over the Coast Range, if you can't listen to it 30 miles from town in
many cases. What about the family going on a trip to the Coast. 20 miles
out of Portland the radio goes dead. Yes, I can see, Ipod, cassette, CD,
being a reality. This will really kill AM radio.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin

Come to Seaside Oregon for the 2006 IRCA Convention! It will be held at
the Comfort Inn on September 22-24,2006.