Re: [IRCA] KPOJ 620 Portland is now IBOC

Re: [IRCA] KPOJ 620 Portland is now IBOC

Craig,

Thanks for your comments. Much appreciated. The same thing here. I do
hear FM stations, but most of the tourists I hear music from is not
radio. I don't hear any DJs or ads. I remember listening to Z-100
Portland back in the Mid 80s. I left work to head home. It takes 10-12
minutes to get home. The station was in spots when I got into the car
and when I got home they still in spots!  I do know a station has to
make money to stay afloat, but that is a bit much. So with IPod, CD,
cassette, streaming audio, etc. why bother with radio?  Maybe enough GMs
and CEs will rethink IBOC. I have no experience with it, other than the
noise is causes. I will never buy an IBOC radio. Why would I support
something that ruins the hobby I love so much? I can understand CEs
buying them, as they need them in their work. But I don't see millions
of Americans running out to buy IBOC radios either.
   Even if IBOC does become a reality on AM 24/7, I think there will
still be a lot of open frequencies, as I don't see a lot of IBOC
activity. A lot of it is from CC, and I have heard they have an interest
in Ibiquity.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin

Come to Seaside Oregon for the 2006 IRCA Convention! It will be held at
the Comfort Inn on September 22-24,2006.