Sent: Monday, May 22, 2006 9:40 PM
Subject: Re: [IRCA] Forwarded from a non-member (radio-related)

I have a very vague recollection of a message like this between 1-2 years ago, though I deleted it way back then.  I have no recollection of who it was from.  His email address comes up 3 times in a Google search...twice with this message (and its forwarded counterpart), and once about getting together with a bunch of people in Liverpool.  There is no year mentioned in that get-together so I don't have a context.  From that message, he's in a MSN group, though I have no clue which one.

Results inconclusive...

Charles A & Leonor L Taylor <calltaylor@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Folks,

I want to try to help this guy but I don't know if he is legitimate. Can
someone investigate him? Maybe we can help as individual members or as a group.

73 de CharlieT

At 07:39 PM 5/22/2006, you wrote:
>Folks,
>Forwarded from a radio person asking for help...
>---
>Hello,
>
>I am a Disabled American Veteran on a small VA pension. (And I'm sure you know
>that doesn't go too far.) I'm pretty much stuck at home for the most part due
>to my Pulmonary & Spinal Condition(s).
>
>My medical condition has deteroriated to it's current state and I become
>depressed often stuck here in the house so much.
>
>I was an avid shortwave listener (of both 'Ham' & Military Monitoring), until
>my rig (a Kenwood R-5000) was stolen a couple of years ago. It was one I had
>purchased several years earlier from the AES store (Amateur Electronics Store)
>here in Orlando, Florida when I was able & could then afford one.
>
>I would dearly LOVE to have another quality desk-top shortwave to help me have
>my old hobby available to me once again but due to financial constraints am
>unable.
>
>There's just nothing left after rent, utilities, food, etc.
>
>I would practically attempt a back-flip for another Kenwood R-5000 !
>
>Do anyone out there know of someone, a club, organization, or other resource
>that can help me?
>
>Being able to have a fine SW rig again would go so far to end my staring at
>these same four walls & ending my relentless boredom
>& depression.
>
>I appreciate your time. God Bless.
>
>Sincerely,
>
>M.L. Mooney