Re: [IRCA] Call Sign Trivia

So I'm assuming this would be in San Diego?

Scott Fybush <scott@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Patrick Griffith, N0NNK / WPE9HVW wrote:
> When I toured the KTRS studio / offices in 2001, the station shared
> office space with the St. Louis area Radio Disney outlet. The Disney
> station's call was WSDZ. So the offices of two stations, one with a
> K-call and one with a W-call, were co-located in the same building.
>
> In 2003 I toured a studio / office facility that contained five K-call
> stations (2 AM & 3 FM) and one X-call FM station co-located in the same
> building. I believe this situation still exists at the present time.
> Where is this facility?

If it's the one I think it is, it moved a short distance away just a few
months later, and at one point was home to eight K-calls (3 AM/5 FM) and
four X-calls (1 AM/3 FM).

A subsequent change in FCC multiple-ownership rules forced several of
those to be spun off, but a few of the stations stayed in the building
under new ownership, so there's now seven Ks (2 AM/5 FM) and one X FM
under the main ownership, plus space being leased to 3 X FMs that are
under different management.

Do you Yahoo!?