Re: [IRCA] Noisy cable TV

Tom,

I already fought one battle with Earthlink trying to just get DSL, and gave
up on the service for some time.  I only buckled under and went to it
recently, so I completely understand your point.

In fact, the reason I had put up with the drop-outs of DSL was because as
you describe, it comes through Bell South phone service, so any problem
will no doubt get batted around between them, with me captive in the
middle.  If the problem had kept up, I was building up the stamina for a
fight.

Then all of a sudden it wasn't an issue of drop-outs, but complete loss of
DSL service.  It was the coincidence of extreme radio noise and total loss
of DSL that got me moving.  I had never connected the two problems before,
because I think the problem has just now gotten much worse.

I have heard from a neighbor who has Bell South DSL, that he too had
problems with weak signals, so that may still be a problem I'll need to
tackle.  Hopefully fixing the cable noise problem will at least improve the
current situation.  It will at least get me back my radio reception.

Thanks.

Curt