From: irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of John H. Bryant
Sent: Monday, October 02, 2006 12:40 PM
To: irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [IRCA] TP DX from Grayland: Oct 2

Fellas,

I was up at 1100 hours to find the dial covered with hets and JJ
audio. The only frequencies without something on them were 1061 and
1521. From then until eventual band fade at 1510 (50 minutes after
sunrise) it was wall-to-wall DX.  Strangely, nothing was particularly
strong for any length of time, there were just lots of things in
reasonable audio, including a number of new things on channels that
were "normally" something else. For instance, for part of the
morning, China's KK Service from Heilonjiang (Harbin city) was
clobbering semi-regular JOGB from Kumamoto, Kyushu. I had CNR 1
parallel at the same time on 639/945/981/1017/1035/1377/1593.

Eight new-to-me stations, including two new NHK-1s, one new NHK-2,
and five new Chinese. Korea was oddly passive and there was nothing
south of China except VOA on 1575.  No DU action at all.

These are the first new NHKs in several years.  My cup runneth over.

I'm going to try to find a WiFi hotspot in driving range to find out
how the rest of the NW DXers did.

Gosh, eight reception reports to write.... DARN!

John B.